The student must have the Letter of Introduction (also referred to by IRCC as the Letter of Approval) or a valid study permit from IRCC to enter Canada. The LOA from Langley is what the student uses to apply for the study permit. Please see the below information on documentation needed to enter Canada:
To be able to enter Canada as a student, you must meet 2 requirements:
- You must have a valid study permit or a letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit.
- You must be attending a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory.
Your travel to Canada will be considered essential (non-discretionary) if you have all of the required documents and your DLI is on the approved list.
As a student, your travel to Canada won’t be considered essential (non-discretionary) if
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
- your study program has been cancelled or suspended
- you’re entering Canada for any reason other than to study
When you travel to Canada
Make sure your school is on the list of DLIs with COVID-19 readiness plans approved by their province or territory.
When the border services officer greets you, they look at several factors, including
- your reason for travelling to Canada
- your ability to complete a 14-day quarantine period as soon as you arrive at your final destination
- if you either
- have time to complete your quarantine before you physically attend classes, or
- can study online during your quarantine
You must bring
- a valid study permit or a port of entry letter of introduction that shows you were approved for a study permit
- a valid letter of acceptance from a DLI with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory
- proof that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
Before you travel, you can contact the Border Information Service for more information.
A border services officer will make the final decision on whether you’re eligible to enter Canada when you arrive.
CEI có quà tặng bạn đây!
Hãy đăng ký để được download Cẩm Nang Du Học Canada 2021 đầy đủ nhất. Link đăng ký: tại đây
If immediate family members want to be with you in Canada
Your immediate family members may be able to come with you to Canada.
If they travel with you
They don’t need a written authorization from IRCC to travel with you. However, they must show that their reasons for travel are non-discretionary (non-optional). For example, they’ll help you get established and support you in Canada