Starting this fall, UBC Extended Learning is offering a new, 3-week pre-graduate school preparation program that offers interactive and personalized online courses for upper-level undergraduate students and recent university graduates interested in attending a graduate degree program in Canada or the U.S.A.
The course is led by a UBC instructor who is currently pursuing or recently completed a doctoral degree in engineering and applied science. Students will interact regularly with their instructors through assignments work and discussion boards.
They meet with guest faculty through lectures and discussions. And students could meet other students from around the world in discussions and the Virtual Coffee Shop.
UBC instructor and guest faculty engage with students on a graduate student level and help them acquire the knowledge, skills, strategies and confidence these students need to effectively navigate the process of graduate school and successfully compete, excel and thrive in the challenging world of graduate studies.
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, ngàn hàng học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
- Understand how the process of graduate school works and how to effectively navigate the process
- Learn how to effectively manage stress, time and motivational pressures
- Gain strategies in communicating effectively with your peers, professors and supervisors
- Learn effective feedback methods, emotional intelligence and conflict resolution
- Work on technical papers and case studies that give you a real sense of graduate-level coursework
- Gain current knowledge of effective research, writing/publishing and presentation skills at the graduate level
- Strategize on how to effectively create your academic “brand” in a digital world
- Learn the Top 10 “need to knows” for success in graduate programs in engineering and applied science
- Personalized support and feedback from a UBC instructor who is currently pursuing or recently completed a doctoral degree in engineering and applied science
- Critical insights from and discussion with Canadian university faculty in engineering and applied science
- Meet and interact with international peers in a supportive, yet challenging academic environment
- Receive an award of completion
Dates and Fees: (CAD $892.50 /course）
- Nov. 2, 2020 – Nov. 22, 2020, or Jan. 11- Jan. 31, 2021
- Your Guide to Getting into a Graduate Degree Program in Canada
October 12 –November 1, 2020 & February 1–21, 2021
- Computer Science and Technology
- Business and Management Programs
- February 1–21, 2021
- Engineering & Applied Science