Fall 2021 Semester Deadlines
- International application deadline (most programs): June 30, 2021
- Admission document deadline: July 15, 2021
- Final official document deadline: July 15, 2021
- English for Academic Purposes application deadline (for Fall 2021): August 31, 2021
Click here to see undergraduate application and document deadlines for 2021/2022.
English Language Proficiency (ELP) Requirement
- Completion of Advanced Level English for academic purposes courses at uLethbridge’s English Language Institute (ELI) can be used to meet the ELP requirement. The ELI will offer on-line Advanced Level courses in Summer and Fall 2021.
- In-person and at-home versions of CAEL CE, Duolingo, IELTS Academic, and TOEFL iBT can be used to meet the ELP requirement for the Fall 2021 term for both undergraduate and graduate admissions.
It’s Worth a Shot Contest!
Help create a COVID-free campus and you could win tuition and fees for the Fall 2021 term!
Registered uLethbridge students who receive their first COVID-19 vaccination dose and complete this form before September 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (MDT) will be eligible to win one of nine grand prizes: tuition and fees* for the Fall 2021 term. See contest rules for details: ulethbridge.ca/enrolment/worth-shot-contest-rules
Minister Mendicino announces opening of 2 new pathways to permanent residence for Hong Kong residents
June 8, 2021 – Ottawa – The ties that bind Canada and Hong Kong run deep. The first Hong Kongers arrived here over 150 years ago, and in the years since, Hong Kongers have made incredible contributions to this country. At this difficult moment, Canada continues to stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Hong Kong. We are deeply concerned about China’s imposition of the National Security Law and, more broadly, the deteriorating human rights situation in Hong Kong.
Against this backdrop, in November 2020, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced initiatives to help more Hong Kongers come to Canada. The first stream opened for applications in February 2021.
Minister Mendicino announced today that the other 2 streams are now open, offering a path to permanent residence for eligible Hong Kong residents in Canada who are workers or recent graduates. Eligible applicants must have valid temporary resident status and be in Canada both when they submit their application and when their permanent residence is granted. They must also meet the specified language, education, work and eligibility requirements, and they are subject to Canada’s regular immigration application and screening processes and admissibility requirements.
Full details can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/06/minister-mendicino-announces-opening-of-2-new-pathways-to-permanent-residence-for-hong-kong-residents.html