This is being sent to all the “NEW” international students hoping to study in Canada at the Waterloo Catholic District School Board in September 2021.
Many parents are concerned about their children travelling to Canada and we totally understand their concerns. Normally this would be a very busy time for our International Department getting ready to welcome our new students to their schools and Canadian families. However, this is not a normal beginning of the school year.
Just recently the Minister of Education, Minister of Health and the Premier of Ontario made an announcement about the re-opening of our schools which have been closed since March 18th, 2020. They announced that the following learning options will be available for all Canadian and international our students.
Students will return to their classes but in smaller groups of approximately 15 students
- the school year will be divided into 4 semesters (September, November, February & April)
- students will take only two courses each semester (2 courses x 4 semesters = 8 credits)
- students will have two options for learning
- Adapted Learning – 50% face-to-face in class and 50% e-learning
- E-Learning – totally delivered online. Students will be provided with learning supports through Google Classroom & a D2L learning account
ACTION: In order for our school district to confirm the number of new international students in each of the different learning options we would ask you to please complete the following survey prior to Wednesday, August 12th. This will assist both teachers and students to prepare for the beginning of the new school year.
Formal Announcement: https://www.wcdsb.ca/plan-for-re-opening-schools/