We are aware of the large backlog of visa applications to be processed and the number of students waiting for a visa decision for the start of the winter semester. On December 1st, representatives from IRCC confirmed :
- Students overseas, who have applied for a study permit before the start of the January semester (Jan.11th), may start their studies online while still awaiting a visa decision, and have this count towards their PGWP.
- Their program must be delivered wholly online. If the program requires students to be in Canada to take the program on campus, this option is not available.
- Once their visa is approved, the student will be eligible to travel to Canada, subject to current travel restrictions and quarantine requirements.
- This provision is in place for online studies up until April 30,2021. The time studied online to April 30 will therefore count towards their PGWP, if the student’s visa is approved.
Confederation College will do its best to support students who are awaiting a visa decision. We will allow them to register for the winter semester, as long as they provide proof that they have submitted a visa application before the start of the semester.
Process to Register
Students must forward the following information to [email protected] ; they will then be provided details on how to register:
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, ngàn hàng học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
- A screen shot of the “Application Status and Messages” page in their “My CiC account”
- Student name and program
- OCAS application number
Please note: Students with an AIP can proceed to Semester Two, while still awaiting their Stage 2 approval. The time studied online will continue to count towards their PGWP.
Withdrawal and Refund Process
Students who receive a visa refusal, or who are still awaiting a decision, can withdraw without penalty up to March 22nd, 2021. Students must submit the standard withdrawal forms and must provide either an IRCC visa denial letter OR an updated screen shot from their CIC account showing a visa decision is still in process. A $250 withdrawal fee will apply,
Please lodge all refund/deferral requests through OCAS; we cannot process requests by email.
If a student withdraws or defers, there will be no academic credit provided for studies completed up to the date of withdrawal. The students will have to start from the beginning again, when they restart their program. Also, should students defer and then withdraw, the standard refund policy will apply.