Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
As we rapidly approach the start of the 2021-2022 school year, it is with pleasure that I write to provide you with an update of school activity and start of school information items. There is an increased flow of activity on campus daily – all in preparation for your child’s arrival to school Tuesday, September 7, 2021 arrival 8:15- 8:25 a.m.
- Unisus School leads the way in B.C. and Canada with the installation of the new Titan UVC LED light air filtration system. UNISUS is one of three schools globally to pilot this new cutting-edge air cleaning technology. Learn more about this initiative here.
- Over the summer the gym facility was fully remastered with refinished flooring, new lighting and paint. UNISUS enjoys an official sized basketball court and two regulation size volleyball courts. Summer Basketball Camps sponsored by Lake City Basketball served over 300 student athletes this month.
- The Olympic sized soccer fields are now in the final field enhancement stage. Please watch for the UNISUS Soccer program start-up details.
- Designs are near complete for the campus expansion program.
We welcomed the full faculty back to school this week. Their professionalism and dedication is truly inspiring as we continue to refine your child’s learning program. Our lens is to further inspire and empower confident, creative and globally minded learners with a focus on the UNISUS Foundation Pillars. We continue to:
- Deepen the International Baccalaureate curriculum frameworks, and enrich students’ Outdoor Education, Technology and Innovation, and Entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Prioritize relationships and meaningful connections between students and between students and teachers.
- Focus on deep learning so that students can immerse themselves into units of inquiry and courses that challenge their thinking, explore different perspectives, and emphasize creative and analytical problem solving.
- Nurture student empowerment and agency – the ability to have choice and pursue passions – as central to create enthusiastic life-long learners.
- Recognize that learning happens everywhere – inside and outside the classroom. Explore the local environs and take advantage of opportunities to interact with the larger community that remain important aspects of UNISUS student life.
The first Back to School information letter was sent Friday, August 10, 2021. Further start of school information follows. Each Friday please expect your family copy of the UNISUS Weekly Connect – our news brief with important week ahead updates and news items.
International Baccalaureate and the After School Activities Program: C.A.S.”E”
We are very excited to announce that UNISUS will offer a full after school program to all K-12 students Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 3:30 – 4:30 pm. Students will have the opportunity to discover and deepen their talents and interests outside the classroom through our Creativity, Activity, Leadership through Service, and Enrichment (C.A.S.“E”) activities. A broad range of activities are designed to complement and extend the academic curriculum. Activities offered each term are developed to enrich the lives of students by strengthening their creative and analytical thinking, aesthetic sense, physical development, social interaction, and leadership skills. Detailed course information and course registration will be announced to students during the first week of school. C.A.S.E preview will be sent home to families September 3. Late Buses will also run to accommodate the C.A.S.E. activities.
After much success last year, UNISUS will once again be offering our Basketball and Hockey Academies for students looking to further develop their skill sets in these sports. We will not be offering a Dance Academy again this year, however dance will be offered as part of our C.A.S.E. after school activities. More information and registration details regarding Academies will be sent to all families this coming week.
Individual student schedules will be shared with students on Tuesday, September 7. The new Monday to Friday Master Schedule is linked here (and also attached to this email). Please note the start and end time of each school day. Of special note is the morning 8:15 – 8:25 a.m. window for student arrival and attendance and the Wednesday 2:25 p.m. early release. Each Wednesday UNISUS staff will engage in professional development and research. Student Buses depart at 2:35 p.m. on Wednesday.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and families remain our top priority. On August 24, the Ministry provided an update to the K-12 Health and Safety guidelines for the start of the 2021-2022 School year. At Unisus School we continue to exceed provincial health and safety guidelines. Please find the detailed 2021 – 2022 UNISUS Return to School Plan here (and also attached to this email). New high level themes and practices are noted at the beginning of the document. We will update families immediately as new guidelines are announced.
Transportation – Arrival and Pick Up
To ensure the safety of student arrival and pick-up we ask all parent drivers to enter the campus with caution. Junior School drop off and pick up is located at the first set of doors of the ring road. Senior School drop off and pick up is at the second door of the ring road. Bus drop off and pick up will be at the UNISUS main office doors. Bus students, please use the sidewalk to arrive at the Junior and Senior School ring road doors.
Bus Passes & Schedule
If you still need to purchase your child’s bus pass, monthly and yearly passes are available for purchase here. Please expect further communications next week with an updated bus schedule reflecting the late departure time for days that students are participating in C.A.S.E. activities and reflecting the early departure time for Wednesday’s early release.
Class teachers dispatched a Welcome Letter to you and your child today, Friday, August 27, which included a detailed school supply list.
Healthy meals are an important part of our students’ learning! Hot lunches will be available every week for pre-purchase for K-12. A new link to purchase lunch, along with the menu for the coming week will be provided every Friday in this newsletter.
This year you may notice that our online ordering platform has moved from MunchaLunch to Shopify, however the ordering process is the same. Lunch can be purchased on a daily or weekly basis with the option of half or full meal orders and we will happily accommodate dietary restrictions upon request. Click here to view our new ordering platform. The menu for the first week of school will be shared with you next Friday.
Communication and Expectations
In addition to the UNISUS website, we will communicate regularly with families about all aspects of school life. Weekly information bulletins from the school will be emailed home and posted on the UNISUS website in the Parents Portal. Password for the portal is SUMMERLAND123.
Who / What / When:
Head of School Letter (UNISUS Weekly Connect), each Friday
Junior and Senior School (Messages and key dates), each Friday
DP Coordinator and University Updates (Key message and updates), monthly
Class/Teacher Messages (Messages from your child’s Teacher(s)), as appropriate
We look forward to welcoming you to our monthly Informal Coffee Mornings and Information Sessions in the months ahead.