Please see the three very important updates below. Borders closures, refunds and new “quarter system” for schools.
- Canada Border. Today Canada extended the border closure to September 30, 2020. The New Order in Council (OIC) will remain the same as the old order. Only those students with a valid study permit issued prior to March 18, 2020 can enter Canada. We are very disappointed with this news and I know many of you share the same sentiments.
- For students who have not confirmed their decision to participate in online classes, defer or cancel must do so by September 1, 2020. The choices are:
- Defer to February 1, 2021 at no cost
- Chose to participate in online courses offered by Saanich and Province. (More details on what courses will be offered to come early next week)
- Cancel the application
*If we do not hear from you by September 1, 2020, the standard refund policy will be implemented, not the COVID refund policy.
- Schools will be moving from a semester system to a quarter system. Students will take two classes per day, not four, for a total of 10 weeks. The first quarter will be from Sept 10 – Nov 13, 2020. This change to a quarter system will allow students to be in smaller working cohorts reducing their exposure to multiple people. Please see the link below for more information. We are doing an amazing job of preparing for full face-to-face classes on September 10, 2020.