Dear International Students and Families:
On July 30, 2020, the Ontario Government announced the Guide for Reopening Ontario Schools, which focuses on: This is the guidance for the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) to prepare for the reopening of school for all students, including our international students. The TDSB is committed to provide a safe healthy school environment for students, teachers and staff, and safeguarding the broader communities in which we all live in, as well as consistently high-quality education for every students.
For the up-coming 2020-2021 school year:
- Elementary school children from Kindergarten to Grade 8 will attend schools 5 days per week, with one cohort for the full day, including recess and lunch.
- Secondary schools will open using an adapted model, with class cohorts of approximately 15 students, attending on alternate days, or alternate schedules that would represent in-person attendance for at least 50% of instructional days.
- Students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 will be encouraged but not required to wear masks in common spaces.
- Students in Grades 4-12 will be required to wear non-medical or cloth masks while in school.
- Medical masks will be provided for teachers and all other school staff.
The Full Remote Learning option is available for both elementary and secondary students.
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
In the near future, the TDSB will be sending a survey to new and returning students. This survey will ask you to choose your September school decision. Please make sure you check your email and visit our website often.
We encourage all international students who have received an Official Letter of Acceptance for the 2020-2021 to consider the options available and plan your travel to Canada accordingly. For your convenience, the options are found: www.StudyToronto.ca.
For details on arrival and reporting, please follow this link: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/About-Us/International-Programs/International-Students/Arrival-Summer-School
Students are also strongly encouraged to visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website site for travel to Canada updates before finalizing travel plans: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html
Feel free to contact us should have more questions: StudyToronto@tdsb.on.ca