- There continues to be zero cases of COVID-19 and zero suspected cases at Bronte College.
- Students and staff on campus have been doing a great job following the Back to School Guidelines, which has greatly impacted Bronte’s success at keeping our community safe and healthy.
- The Ontario government has recently launched a new COVID-19 school screening assessment tool for students and staff to complete each day before entering school buildings. The assessment is optional. Click here to view the school screening assessment tool.
- Ontario is continuing to follow the 3 Stage Plan set out by the government. Click here for more information about COVID-19 in Ontario.
- As Ontario continues to recover from COVID-19 it is important that all Bronte students follow the guidelines set out by the province to protect themselves and the entire Bronte community. Wearing face masks, sanitizing frequently and physical distancing are the first steps to remaining healthy when in public areas.
ONLINE LEARNING REMINDERS
Students have entered the second week of classes at Bronte College on campus and via the online learning program. Any student with questions regarding courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to remind students studying online of several important items:
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
- Teachers will upload recorded classes to Teams within an hour of completion of the class. Lesson plan materials will be uploaded the night before class, according to Eastern Time.
- Students who wish to join their classes live can request to join the class on Teams and their teachers will admit them.
- Teachers will be available during the last 20-30 minutes of class time to ask questions face-to-face or via the online chat.
- Guidance has held meetings with students experiencing issues with the Microsoft Teams platform. If you are looking for clarification, refer to the Using Microsoft Teams videos that were sent out in last week’s newsletter or posted on the Guidance Teams site.
- Student email inquiries are being answered within 24 hours after they have been received.
- The Principal and Vice-Principal have reviewed all the Teams classroom sites to ensure they are student friendly and consistent for all courses.
Online students are expected to visit their classes on Microsoft Teams daily. Students will need to hand in all required materials at the time specified by the teacher. All aspects of assessment will be addressed by the material being taught by the teachers online. At this time, attendance will not be used as part of their achievement mark.
TIPS FOR ONLINE CLASSES
- Treat an online course like a “real” course
- Hold yourself accountable
- Eliminate distractions
- Leverage your network
WHAT’S HAPPENING ON CAMPUS
- The Welcome Back Barbeque lunch will be held this Friday September 18!
- Bronte College is working to ensure the health and safety of all staff and students by meeting and exceeding provincial guidelines on campus.
- Enhanced cleaning and maintenance work to the school building have been added to increase sanitization of campus facilities.