As we prepare for the Fall 2020 intake, we would like to share with you some important updates:
Will Douglas College programs be taking place online or in-person?
Douglas College’s foremost priority continues to be the health, safety and well-being of all employees and students. Therefore, with an abundance of caution, the majority of Fall 2020 programs will be online*
*Some specialized programs will be offered partially in-person, and we will be reaching out to students in these programs and their agents individually with further information.
Despite the online format, if your students are able to travel to Canada, we will do our best to provide them with as many opportunities as possible to allow them to come to campus and meet other students, instructors and staff, working within the safety guidelines prescribed by the Provincial Health Officer.
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
Can Douglas College students start their studies outside of Canada?
Yes. Douglas College will be supporting students who receive a valid study permit or study permit approval prior to the start of classes to start their program in an online format from both inside and outside of Canada. If your students are able to safely travel to Canada prior to the start of classes, we encourage them to do so; however, we are happy to share that The Government of Canada and Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have confirmed that PGWP eligibility will not be impacted for international students whose Fall 2020 courses will be online due to COVID-19. Students may begin their classes while outside of Canada and can complete up to 50% of their program via distance learning if they cannot travel to Canada.
What are your students’ next steps?
This week, we have emailed all newly-accepted students asking to confirm their decision to start their program this Fall. We have offered the students three flexible options and requested that they respond by Monday, June 15th about their decision:
- Start program online (inside or outside of Canada) as scheduled.
- If a student does not receive a study permit prior to the start of classes, they will still be eligible for a 100% refund minus a $250 admin fee or can request a deferral to the following intake without penalty.
- If they agree to study online but later cancel enrollment for reasons other than failure to obtain a study permit (or other extenuating circumstance), they will be subject to our regular refund policy and can request a deferral to the following intake without penalty, or request a refund.
- If they were originally admitted to the Summer 2020 semester, we will be honouring the 2019/20 tuition fees for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Defer to the next available intake.
- If a student was originally admitted to the Summer 2020 intake, we will be honouring the 2019/20 tuition fees for the Winter 2021 semester.
- Cancel application and request a refund of the tuition deposit.
- We understand that your students may prefer to wait until classes return to a fully in-person format so we are providing some flexibility to our normal refund policy due to COVID-19. No cancellation penalty will apply.
- Refund requests received after June 15th will be subject to our regular refund policy.
We ask students to submit their choice of one of the above options to their admissions officer (or firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, June 15th. Due to COVID-19, we will be offering flexibility to our refund policy until this date.
Duolingo test to meet our language requirement for most undergraduate and post-degree programs
For students in a region impacted by IELTS or TOEFL test centre closures due to COVID-19, Douglas College will temporarily accept the Duolingo English Test as one of the ways to meet our English language proficiency requirements for international Students. Duolingo English Tests will be accepted for the Winter 2021 intake with a minimum required score of 110. Additionally, we will be accepting the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test in lieu of the regular in-person test.
CEI có quà tặng bạn đây!
Hãy đăng ký để được download Cẩm Nang Du Học Canada 2021 đầy đủ nhất. Link đăng ký: tại đây
As always, we will continue to update you as soon as we receive new information. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. You should also continue to review the College’s COVID-19 FAQs.
Take care and we hope to see you again in person in the near future!