Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?
Unisus will begin school as planned, September 8th 2020 at 8:30AM.
Early Childhood Learning Centre students will enter from the front side door, directly into the ECLC. Kindergarten to Grade 11 will enter the school at the rear/side of the school building. Parents should drop students off based on a staggered schedule. More information will be sent regarding the logistics of school starting at the end of August by Dr. Tosca Killoran. Please watch for that email.
The team has worked hard this summer and all the COVID-19 protocols are set in place to make Unisus a safe environment for learning. Still, many government policies change weekly. Dr. Tosca will also send you a final COVID-19 plan at the end of August which will cover the day students, the boarders and all the additional programs offered at Unisus.
In the meantime, we can offer some examples of Unisus COVID-19 protocols within the school building:
- Class sizes will be small and maxed out at 12 students per room
- Plexi barriers will be installed on shared tables
- Cleaning will be done with a top of the line disinfectant system that is child safe
and on a strict schedule
- Specialist classes (such as PE) will be scheduled but have requirements given
by the government for social distancing
- Buses will be run with one child per seat and twice a day deep cleaning
- Two certified nurses have been hired to be on staff
- COVID-19 training will be provided to all the staff and faculty
After School Activities/ Extra Curricular and Academies
Currently we are unable to offer After School Activities due to COVID-19 restrictions. This means that the school day ends at 3:30PM until the restrictions are lifted. However, we are offering Hockey, Alpine Skiing, Golf, Basketball and Dance Academies that run concurrently with our academic programme. For more information regarding the Academies please visit our website.
For more information regarding our programmes, busing, uniforms and more, please look to the appropriate blog or the handbook for your child’s age.
I am attaching the Junior and Senior School Handbook as well as the ECLC Handbook for your review.
Information for Boarding Parents,
We will be sending an arrival package from the admission’s officer, Ms. Danielle Timmer. Please read the Junior and Senior School Handbook for information regarding uniforms and to answer general questions you might have. Here is a quick overview before that package arrives:
- Unisus School students will be picked up directly by a Unisus Staff member at either the Kelowna (YLW) BC, or Penticton (YYF) BC airports and privately shuttled to the Unisus Boarding House located at 7808 Pierre Drive, Summerland, BC. No students will be permitted to stay at hotels on entrance to Canada.
- Students who arrive in Vancouver must stay behind airport security until their departure on the connecting flight to YLW or YYF.
- Students will sit one child per seat, wear masks, and sanitize hands-on entry to the bus.
- At the Unisus Boarding House, each student will be assigned an individual room where they will stay for the required 14 days. Each room is complete with a private bathroom.
- The student’s health will be routinely monitored for COVID-19 symptoms. A certified nurse is also available 24/7, 7 days a week.
- Upon completion of the 14 day quarantine period, students will immediately begin their in-class studies on campus on September 8, 2020.