International Student Travel and Quarantine Update
Saint Mary’s is providing financial assistance for international students returning to Canada and completing their mandatory quarantine at a hotel approved by the university or SMU Housing on-campus before they begin their studies in the January 2021 term. To receive this funding, students must demonstrate an additional cost is being incurred as a result of this quarantine requirement. Students can apply for up to 50% (to a maximum of $875 CAD) of their quarantine.
- Reimbursement will only be provided to students who complied with all Nova Scotia Public Health and university quarantine requirements. This includes filling out the Saint Mary’s Arrival Form and staying in one of the approved locations arranged by Saint Mary’s.
- The reimbursement program is available to anyone beginning quarantine from November 3, 2020, until January 31, 2021. Reimbursement applications must be submitted by February 15, 2021, at 11:59 pm AST.
- Funding is not available to international students currently in Nova Scotia who voluntarily leave Nova Scotia for the holiday break or other optional trips.
- To apply for reimbursement, students can email email@example.com to request a Quarantine Reimbursement Form. Students should provide their full name and in their email to the International Centre. Review and notification of a decision for reimbursement will take approximately 2-3 weeks from the submission date of the form.
Updated Requirements to Enter Canada
As of November 21, 2020, anyone entering Canada by air is required to download the ArriveCan app to their smartphone, tablet, or computer. Travellers are required to enter contact information, travel details, quarantine plans, and a complete COVID-19 self-assessment. After completing the requested information in the app, travellers will receive an ArriveCan digital receipt which will need to be shown when requesting entry into Canada. Within 48 hours of arriving, travellers must confirm they have arrived at their quarantine location and complete a daily COVID-19 assessment through the ArriveCan app.
In addition to the ArriveCan app, there are additional requirements of the Province of Nova Scotia and the university:
- Complete the mandatory Saint Mary’s International Student Arrival Form
- Complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check-in Form
- Reply to daily check-in emails from the Province of Nova Scotia
Please review our Travel and Quarantine website for additional details about:
Bạn có biết? CEI là trung tâm tư vấn du học Canada uy tín và miễn phí từ 2009, hàng ngàn học sinh Canada đã được CEI tư vấn thành công. Xem thêm: Tại sao bạn nên chọn tư vấn du học Canada với CEI?