Columbia International College is reopening on August 1, 2020.
● Overseas returning students are strongly encouraged to return to our campus for learning when visa and
border conditions allow.
● Students living within Canada are strongly encouraged to return to CIC residence.
Students who are unable to travel as a result of visa delays, border closures, etc., should inform their
Liaison/Admissions Officer of their travel plans.
● Residence is always open for check-in now
● In-person classes begin August 11, 2020.
14 day Quarantine upon Arrival
Students who join us in residence, for in-person classes, will be required to quarantine for 14 days, as per the
Government of Canada’s current guidelines.
● Quarantine is compulsory and is provided by the school in Residence Buildings at no additional cost.
● Our Total Care team will look after your academic, social, emotional, and medical needs.
○ 24/7 remote access
○ Medical Service – wellbeing of students monitored by staff and nurses daily
○ Meals will be delivered to the room
○ Private Bathroom
○ Wifi will be available
● Students can fully participate in online registration, change their courses, and participate in remote learning with
their teachers and classmates.
Packing for Quarantine
● Students should pack essential clothes and personal toiletries for 14 days of Quarantine, in a separate bag before
○ No laundry services will be available during Quarantine period
Arrival at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
● Pre-arranged airport pickup service available for a fee, with pre-disinfected automobile for the highest safety
Arrival to our Student Residence
● In-person classes begin on August 11
● Compulsory quarantine is 14 days
Therefore, students are strongly encouraged to check into residence as early as possible
● Students must inform Residence Staff ([email protected]), and their Admissions/Liaison Officer
of their check-in date at least 7 days before arrival
● Students who arrive before August 1, will be charged Residence, Meals and Internet on a prorated basis.
● Please check the validity of your Health Insurance. New policy may need to be purchased.
Before Classes Begin
● Returning students should log-in to EZReportCard to officially Register their courses
● Without this procedure, you will not be registered properly in class
● Registration begins on August 6
● Please contact Guidance counselors regarding course choices at [email protected]
In-person Classes will begin at Ainsliewood
● Only students who live in residence will be able to join in person classes, meals and activities.
● On-campus students will only use CIC school buses to and from residence and school. No public transportation is
allowed including uber or taxi, or private transportation
● Late students who did not get on to the CIC school bus will be required to remain in residence and join their
● According to guidelines set out by Public Health, schools are required to use cohorting to avoid cross
contamination. Therefore, off-campus students are not invited into the physical classrooms for face to face
teaching as our students in residence.
● Off-campus students will be required to remain off-campus unless they move into our Residence.
● For students who are unable to return to our Residence in August, they will continue with remote learning from
their home or place of residence.
Enhanced safety measures for August semester
CIC is strongly committed to the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff as we reopen. Since the start of the
Coronavirus in January 2020, CIC has met and exceeded the expectations of safety protocols prescribed by Public Health
authorities to guard against the spreading of the Coronavirus. This commitment will continue upon reopening.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
● Compulsory masks for students, teachers and staff in common areas and offices of school and residences
● Mask and / or facial shield for teachers in classroom or in close proximity to students
● Plexiglass partitions for dining tables and offices service counters
● Students will sit 6 feet apart in the classroom
● Maximum of 15 students in a classroom
● Only students who live in the same residence building will study together
● New and improved student healthcare coverage – Covid-19 is covered
● Any student who is approved for a special sign-out from residence will be required to quarantine for 14 days when
I wish you well as we prepare for a successful year ahead. I look forward to meeting you when you arrive here in
Hamilton at Columbia International College. Please stay safe and let’s support each other.