Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), is an association of Canada’s best independent schools that meet the highest international standards of educational excellence. In fact, out of the thousands of private and independent day and boarding schools in Canada, only 27 Boarding Schools meet the 12 CAIS National Standards and have earned accreditation.
For several years, a group of CAIS Boarding Schools have been traveling to Vietnam to meet with families interested in a Canadian boarding school experience for their children. Last year, CAIS Boarding Schools all across Canada welcomed 65 Vietnamese students to their campuses.
Vietnamese students have a solid foundation at their local schools, and arrive at our CAIS Boarding Schools ready to integrate into the life of a busy boarding school student. Many of them develop into leaders in their residences, their classroom, and in the areas of arts and athletics. Vietnamese graduates from CAIS Boarding Schools also become active alumni of their alma maters, promoting their schools proudly and staying involved long after graduation.
The Canadian Boarding School Fair 2019 will take place on:
Ho Chi Minh City
|Monday, Oct 14th 2019
5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
CEI Vietnam: Bao Lao Dong – Nguyen Kim Building
4th Floor – 198 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
|Tuesday, Oct 15th 2019
5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Pullman Hanoi Hotel
44 Cat Linh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Advantages for attendees:
- Free entrance
- Interesting gifts
- Meet representatives from CAIS
- Opportunities to obtain scholarship (up to $15,000 CAD) and 50% – 100% discount of application fee
- Free consultation with our specialists
- Advice on your Personal statement/ Study plan …
SCHOOLS WHO ARE ATTENDING:
Name of Institutions
|Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS)||Jordan, Ontario|
|Albert College||Belleville, Ontario|
|Appleby College||Oakville, Ontario|
|Balmoral Hall – School for Girls||Winnipeg, Manitoba|
|Lakefield College School||Lakefield, Ontario|
|Queen Margaret’s School||Duncan, British Columbia|
|Ridley College||St. Catharines, Ontario|
|Shawnigan Lake School||Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia|
|St. Margaret’s School||Victoria, British Columbia|
|Stanstead College||Stanstead, Quebec|
|Trinity College School||Port Hope, Ontario|
APPLICATION, FEES + FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Each CAIS school has its own application form and process, many requiring their own unique set of admission requirements.
Most CAIS Boarding Schools have a slightly different fee structure from one another. Fees for boarding students in 2019/2020 range from $52,000-75,000 CND per year (inclusive of tuition, room and board) depending on the school.
Affording a Canadian Boarding School education is made possible for many families because of the considerable amount of monies available through our school’s scholarship and bursary funds. The Financial Assistance at each CAIS School is need-based. While the majority of Financial Assistance is allocated for Canadian boarding students, many of our schools do offer Financial Assistance to international families.
CAIS Boarding Schools provide students with the essential skills required to be successful in today’s shifting global economy. Perhaps more importantly, students are able to develop life-long relationships with friends from around the world, while being given the confidence to figure out who they are and where they will want to go in the future.
By attending a CAIS Boarding School, your child will be enriched by a superior education that balances innovation with tradition, international standards with individual support, and fun experiences alongside serious university preparation.
- CAIS Boarding School graduates attend the best universities in Canada, the United States and around the world. 99% of our students attend university. Studies have shown that boarding school graduates not only excel at some of the leading universities in the world, but also advance rapidly in their professional careers, and are more engaged than their peers in the issues affecting our broader society.
- CAIS Boarding Schools provide a rigorous academic program and extra learning support. Small class sizes, collaborative learning environments, the latest technology, and great teachers all contribute to the best educational experience for students.
- CAIS Boarding Schools provide strong co-curricular programs. Students benefit greatly from staying active. The boarding school environment exposes them to countless sports, co-curricular and leadership programs. Many of the opportunities include travel to other parts of Canada.
- Students establish life-long friendships at CAIS Boarding Schools. Students are immersed in a setting that promotes friendship, support and the shared experience. When you live where you study, you develop friends for life.
- CAIS Boarding Schools offer students the opportunity to develop confidence, independence, resilience, and leadership. Students are challenged to take risks and be responsible for their actions. When immersed in a safe and nurturing environment, students develop strong characters and become successful global leaders.
WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?
Modern boarding schools blend valuable traditions with exciting programs, rigorous academics, amazing facilities and tons of opportunity for fun. Check out what our students have to say about their experiences at a CAIS Boarding School!
“This school has opened so many opportunities for me, it’s unbelievable.”- William L. – Grade 9
“Boarding School is a lifetime experience that has taught me leadership, independence, and maturity.” – Walid S. – Grade 11
“At my Boarding School, there is so much to do that I haven’t even had time to miss home!”- Alisha F. – Grade 10
“I live, learn, and laugh with friends from 35 countries or more everyday.” – Osaree E. – Grade
As a student at a CAIS boarding school, you will give your child the gift of time. The gift of getting out of the car, not constantly juggling schedules and allowing your child to have time to focus on being more productive, participate in more co-curricular activities, and to develop character and values. Your child will learn to live and study collaboratively with their peers and will come home on breaks happy, having had the opportunity to learn more, lead more and experience more.
All of our schools undergo a rigorous CAIS National Standards accreditation process. This accreditation process ensures that all accredited schools are pursuing best practices in every major area of program and operation.